Spondylosis is a term and condition that is used to describe spinal degeneration. This condition can be commonly used to refer to various spinal conditions like osteoarthritis, spinal stenosis and disc degeneration. Both natural wear and tear and different spinal conditions may contribute to spondylosis. Spondylosis may occur in the cervical, thoracic and lumbar region of the spine. This condition can be anywhere from mild to severe.
Causes of Spondylosis
Spondylosis can be caused by a few factors. Below are the top contributing causes of this condition:
- Age: Natural degeneration is one of the most common causes of spondylosis.
- Trauma: Injuries sustained from accidents or sports may lead to this condition.
- Obesity: Excess weight can place harmful pressure and alter the state of the spine. This may contribute to spondylosis.
- Existing Conditions: Various spinal conditions may lead to the development of this condition.
Symptoms of Spondylosis
Symptoms of this condition will vary based on the severity of the condition. Here are the most prominent symptoms of spondylosis.
- Radiating pain
- Muscle weakness
- Localized tenderness and pain
At OC Spine Center, we provide our patients with the best spinal condition treatment in Orange County. Through an exhaustive consultation, our board-certified spine specialists examine the symptoms, medical history and needs of the patient to create a customized treatment plan. Our treatment plans range from conservative therapies to our specialized spine surgery. We aim to start all treatment plans with more controlled forms of therapy. If symptoms persist, then we may recommend our minimally invasive decompression or stabilization procedures based on the condition.
Find relief with the help of our spine specialists at OC Spine Center. Book your consultation today.