Fibromyalgia Orange County
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, fibromyalgia affects around 4 million adults. Fibromyalgia is a disorder that causes debilitating pain throughout the body. This condition directly targets the muscles and soft tissues. While there is no definite cause of fibromyalgia, there are various treatment options that can relieve pain.
Causes of Fibromyalgia
Although this condition does not have an exact cause, here are some of the leading causes of fibromyalgia:
- Age: Over time, there is an increase in likelihood of developing this condition.
- Genetics: If there is a family history of spinal conditions, this may contribute to fibromyalgia.
- Existing Conditions: Some conditions or diseases like arthritis can increase the risk of this condition.
- Trauma: Injuries from traumatic accidents may lead to developing fibromyalgia. .
- Failed Surgery: Previous surgical procedures can alter the anatomy of your body and may lead to fibromyalgia.
Symptoms of Fibromyalgia
Symptoms of fibromyalgia may vary with each patient. Below are some of the top signs of fibromyalgia:
- Chronic muscle pain
- Localized pain
- Muscle tenderness
- Joint stiffness
- Depression and anxiety
- Muscle spasms
Treatments for Fibromyalgia
At OC Spine Center, we specialize in treating chronic pain with our highly effective treatment methods. We provide a thorough consultation with each patient to fully assess their condition.Once we diagnose the condition, we are able to treat and alleviate the symptoms. Although fibromyalgia is an incurable disorder, our board-certified physicians are able to successfully treat this condition with conservative forms of treatment. Various medications, physical therapy and lifestyle changes can all be noted as efficient forms of treatment.
Contact us and book your appointment if you are suffering from chronic pain. Diagnose the pain and target the source with our help.